These home treatment tips include:
- Painkillers – Paracetamol, NSAIDs like ibuprofen, muscle relaxants like diazepam
- Heat and Ice therapy – a hot water bath or hot water bottle or an ice pack kept directly on the pain causing area is known to provide relief
- Relaxation and change in sleeping position
- Keeping active
- Exercises and lifestyle modification – Exercises like yoga, swimming or walking help in dealing with back pain. Also, making healthy changes in your lifestyle like giving up smoking and eating healthy also help in keeping back pain at bay.
If the pain is severe and lasts for longer than six weeks then back doctors usually go for more programmed and specific treatment options that include:
Acupuncture – Acupuncture is one of the oldest Chinese treatment therapy and is known to be quite effective in the treatment of back pain.
Exercising and Physical Therapy– Doctors usually advice for a program that goes on for up to 12 weeks and include up to eight sessions under the supervision of a qualified doctor.
Surgery – This treatment option is only considered when all the non-surgical options fail to provide any relief to the patient. Spinal fusion is one of the most common surgical procedures for spinal pain.
RECOVERING FROM BACK PAIN
- Apart from your back doctor helping you deal with your back pain, there are certain things you can do on your own to help you recover from your discomfort. These are:
- Eat proper and healthy
- Manage anxiety about back pain
- Getting rid of harmful habits like smoking
- Get adequate sleep
If you or a loved one is suffering from back pain in Dallas, fill out the form to the right or give us a call at (888) 779-8716.