SPONDYLOSIS SCREENING & DIAGNOSIS
Back specialists usually start the diagnostic procedure with a physical examination as well as study of the symptoms that the patient seems to be suffering from. Symptoms of spondylosis usually include:
- Back pain
- Pain in arms or legs
- Tingling and numbing sensation in the legs and arms region
- Bowel and bladder problems
Doctors usually order imaging tests like X-rays, CT scans and MRI scans to understand the extent of the problem and to prescribe a proper treatment plan for the problem.
TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR SPONDYLOSIS
Non-surgical treatment options for spondylosis include:
- Physical Therapy – Includes exercise programs like range of motion exercises, core strengthing exercises as well as muscle flexibility exercises
- Injections- Used as pain relievers and include facet injections, epidural injections and nerve blocks
- Chiropractic manipulation – A conservative pain management procedure that involves the realignment of spine too help the patient get respite from pain
Surgery is always taken up as the last preference when non-surgical options fail to provide any respite to the patient.
Looking for the best treatment plan for spondylosis ? Let us help you make the right decision for your spine by filling the form given above or by giving us a call at (888) 779-8716 today.