Why back pain occurs?
Our spinal column is a complex and intricate structure of bones, ligaments, tendons and disks. Back pain or discomfort may occur when any of these segments or part of our spinal column suffers from a problem. However, in certain cases the cause of back pain is never found. The known and common causes of back pain include:
- Spinal strain and spasms– Includes strain on the ligaments and muscles that may occur due to lifting something improperly or too heavy
- Ruptured or bulging discs – This puts pressure on the nerve resulting in pain
- Sciatica nerve pain
- Abnormal curvature of the spine
- Abnormal spine curvature
Back pain treatment options
- Physical therapy – Physical therapy includes exercises that include stretching and core strengthening exercises that help in building the strength of the spinal column, manual techniques, behavioral techniques and electrotherapy
- At-home back pain management – This option includes over-the-counter medications, exercise program and heat and ice therapy
- Alternative back pain treatment – This option includes chiropractic manipulation, acupuncture, braces and osteopathy
- Spinal curvature disorder surgery – This includes spinal fusion and vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
Recovering from back pain
Apart from all the above mentioned options, there are certain guidelines that a patient needs to follow on his own so that he can deal and recover from his condition. These guidelines include:
- Control and manage your anxiety about back pain
- Eat properly and take a healthy diet so that your back heals in the best possible manner
- Get rid of harmful habits like smoking so that your oxygen flow in the back is improved
- Sleep well and adequately – It supports your healing process
- Control the use of medication for your back pain
- Develop a proper exercise program and follow it well
- Take help from a professional physical therapist for your back pain
If you are looking for the best spinal medical care and back doctors in “The Woodlands” then we are your ultimate destination.
Let us help you make the right decision for your spine by filling out the form above or by giving us a call at (888) 779-8716 today.