When is it best to treat back pain at home?
Back pain is a problem that most of us suffer from at one point or the other in our life. It can occur due to an injury where you may have bent the wrong way or lifted something heavy or from a degenerative condition like arthritis. When the condition you are suffering from is serious and it starts effecting your legs and shoulders as well then you must see a doctor. However, for mild and routine back pain problems, some simple home back pain treatment or remedies are enough to provide your relief.
Some simple home remedies for back pain include:
- Heat/cold therapy – An ice pack is best to bring down inflammation in the first 24 to 48 hours of the injury. Ice helps in bringing down swelling which in turn also relieve pain. Heat does help in relieving pain but long term use can increase the inflammation.
- Stretching your back – If you are in the habit of slumping all day then change it. Get up after every 20 minutes and stretch your back. People usually find relief from back pain from regular stretching and yoga.
- Keep your body and back active – Our back is just like any other part of our body and is meant to be in action. Don’t be stagnant- it will only aggravate your problem. Walk, take up aerobic activities like swimming, bicycling or strengthening exercises.
Watch your body
It is important that you take care of your back and your body so that back pain is not a repetitive occurrence with you. This involves keeping in mind certain tips like:
- Keeping a good posture
- Keep your weight in check
- Get rid of harmful habits like smoking as it increases your risk of osteoporosis and other bone problems
Looking for the best treatment plan for your back pain ? Let us help you make the right decision for your spine by filling the form given above or by giving us a call at (888) 779-8716 today.